A Stretch ceiling additionally referred to as a dropped ceiling is merely a second ceiling installed listed below the initial, structural ceiling. Stretch ceilings have been used for centuries and are still preferred today; specifically in industrial buildings as well as offices. They additionally have an essential area in houses as they use many benefits; such as being simple to set up, easy to eliminate if repair work are needed, soundproofing homes and enabling very easy installment of lights. The biggest plus is that they act to hide pipelines, cables and ductwork – making the ceiling location and also area overall look much tidier.
A Stretch Ceiling generally includes a structure or ‘grid’ of metal channels suspended on cords from the architectural ceiling. The networks develop a series of ‘cells’ which are after that loaded with light-weight ceiling ceramic tiles or panels. The ceramic tiles usually can be found in two dimensions to fit the most common systems. These are 595mm × 595mm to fit a 600 × 600 grid system as well as 595mm × 1195mm to suit a 1200 × 600 grid system. Installment of the ceiling is relatively easy as well as only requires fundamental house devices. As with all structural jobs, it is sensible to look for advice from an expert if you have any kind of problems.
- Work out the amount of panels you will need. You can do this by drawing a strategy of your ceiling on chart paper. Step the ceiling accurately and also note the specific locations of the doors as well as windows.
- Take your dimensions/ representation to your vendor to guarantee you get the proper variety of panels. You will additionally need wall surface angles, major joggers, go across tees and hanger cable.
- Figure out the degree that you want the new custom ceilings to hang at and also mark a chalk line at this level around the space. Then, nail wall angle braces along the chalk line completely around the space. Secure the braces with nails and also reduce the braces to the required lengths.
- Now mount screw eyes at routine intervals. The panels of the ceiling grid will be parallel to the ceiling joists, so the major jogger must be at appropriate angles to the joists. Hanger cable can after that be threaded with the screw eyes in the joists in order to suspend the primary runners.
- Cut sizes of hanger wire one for each screw eye as well as attach securely to each one. Then prolong the wire down to the stretched runner string and secure in position.
- Set the major joggers right into area. Thread each of the loose cables through the runner leg as well as secure in place. After that, making sure every little thing is degree; make sure the size of the hangers is appropriate.
To set up the cross tee areas, push the cross tees into place at the ideal intervals along the primary runners.